Friday, February 6, 2009

Bananarama

I was running around all day today and barely had time to grab a bite for lunch so naturally I was starved but wanted to save room for dinner. Hmmm, what do I do? I whipped up a simple snack that satisfied my hunger without filling me up to the max. It took a second to put together this healthy treat. It's like a banana nut muffin, liquefied!

Bananarama Parfait

Ingredients:
  • 1 banana
  • 1 cup low fat organic yogurt
  • walnuts
  • cinnamon
  • unsweetened shredded coconut
Directions:

Fill your bowl with a cup of low fat yogurt. Slice up the banana and toss in a handful of walnut pieces. Stir it up and garnish with a healthy dash of cinnamon, shredded coconut and ground walnuts.

I alternate between walnut and granola from time to time to switch things up. For a more dazzling, dessert-ified version of this snack, throw in a scoop of vanilla ice cream, whipped cream and drizzle chocolate on the top.




My buddy Eman made this on-the-go
snack and it turned out fabulous! Take a look for yourself:











Photo Credit
: Courtesy of Gamany, Flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment