While we’re on the topic of eggs, I would like to share a yummy recipe with you guys. This is a simple recipe I came up with when I was trying to make use of items in the fridge that were on the verge of moving out of the refrigerator and into the trash can. It’s a basic two egg omlette over-stuffed with veggies and oozing with cheese. Give this simple protein packed recipe a go and you’ll have a satisfying breakfast or lunch in minutes!
Here's What You Need:
- Olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 white mushrooms
- Baby spinach
- 1 Roma tomato
- Cheddar cheese (any cheese will do)
- 1 jalapeno pepper (optional)
Here's What You Do:
1. Add salt and pepper to taste and whisk the eggs in a medium size bowl.
2. Grab a handful of baby spinach and toss them in with the eggs. Cut up the mushroom, tomato, and jalapeno pepper and put them in with the spinach.
3. Drizzle a little bit of olive oil onto a heated skillet and empty the egg mixture into it.
4. Sprinkle a generous amount of cheese on the center of the eggs. Once the egg is about medium done, fold it over with a spatula. Tilt the skillet so that any raw egg that is left will seep out and become cooked.
5. Serve it up and enjoy!
Note: I usually like to put it on a slice of whole wheat toast but when I'm feeling really hungry, I put it between a toasted whole wheat bagel. If you're watching your carbs, it is fantastic solo as well. Happy eating!
Photo Credit: Courtesy of Flickr, www.imagelicious.ca