Saturday, January 17, 2009

Chocolicious


Can we talk chocolate for a sec? Let me tell you about the piece I just had a moment ago. It was a dark chocolate wedge made by Trader Joe's. But wait, this is no run of the mill chunk o’ chocolate. Not only is it made up of high quality 70% Belgian cacao, it’s got ancho and chipotle chilies and Korintji cinnamon. Chilies? Yeah, chilies. There is a party going on in my mouth! This trio of zing really kicked up an otherwise ordinary block of dark chocolate. The bitterness of the chocolate combined with the spiciness of the chilies and cinnamon came together in perfect harmony. Alright, just one more piece...


Note: The Chocolate Traveler sells high quality chocolate wedges however I couldn't find anything similar to the chocolate that I tried made by Trader Joe's.

No comments:

Post a Comment