Sunday, May 3, 2009

Circus Animal Cookies

Step right up all of you circus animal fans: Mother’s Cookies’ scrumptious Circus Animal Cookies are back! Thanks to Kellogg’s, this month the pink and white mammals are making their way back onto the shelves and into our tummies.
Back in October of 2008, Mother’s Cookies abruptly went out of business and along with filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy the company ceased production on all of their classic treats. In December of 2008, Kellogg’s Co. bought the trademarks and recipes for Mother’s most famed creations including sandwich cookies, wire cut cookies and our childhood favorite: iced animal cookies. These nostalgic goodies are all coming back in their original red and purple packaging with the smiling Mother herself in the corner.
Thanks to the fabulous folks at Foodbuzz I got a sweet sampling of these tasty animals before anyone else and I was not disappointed. I reached into the big glossy bag and pulled out a white camel with festive, colorful sprinkles and I instantly remembered how much I loved these cookies; the thought of them not existing anymore was unfathomable. After all, for finals week during college, these were my main source of nutrition! Mmm, elephants…


Photo Credit: Courtesy of Heather Scott (Ephemeron)

3 comments:

  1. Hello Rania

    thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a lovely comment.
    Are you from the Middle East??!
    this is a very nice blog, thanks for visiting me to get the link to this lovely blog, I willcome back for sure...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello. :)

    You've used at least one of my photos before (with permission of course!), and I've been reading your blog. This is my photo, not Brett's. Can you please credit me instead?

    Here's the link to my photo: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ephemeron/2231819752/

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, Heather! I've made the change and thank you again for a fantastic photo!!

    ReplyDelete