Thursday, April 16, 2009

Buitoni Pasta: Wild Mushroon Agnolotti Pasta

Thanks to the folks over at Foodbuzz I was given the opportunity to sample Buitoni’s new Wild Mushroom Agnolotti pasta. Buitoni is known for offering all natural and creative meals in minutes and I absolutely agree, my pasta was ready in minutes. After tossing a few in boiling water and letting them cook for about 5 minutes, my serving was ready. I drizzled a small amount of virgin olive oil as to enjoy this Italian specialty as au natural as possible. The pasta was generously filled with portobello and crimini mushrooms and savory Grana Padano cheese. The roasted garlic added a tangy essence and the Parmesan cheese completed the dish. I thought it was quite delicious and the pasta itself was obviously premium quality made of stone ground semolina flour. My only complaint is that it was a little on the salty side but that can be balanced out by combining it with other ingredients. So overall I would say Buitoni’s Wild Mushroom Agnolotti pasta is decent and hearty however beware of the high sodium content.

No comments:

Post a Comment